Mental Health Continuum Online Training
Like physical health, mental health is a continuum. Most people move up and down this continuum at different times in their life due to individual habits, external circumstances or genetic predisposition. While some of these factors are outside our control, other factors like the way we think, a healthy diet, exercise and sufficient sleep are within our control. A single risk factor will not necessarily lead to the development of a mental illness; however multiple risk factors invariably reduce our mental wellness, making it harder to perform at our best.
Like physical health, everyone can take positive steps to not only reduce their likelihood of developing an illness, but also optimise their level of wellbeing.
Being “mentally healthy” is more than just being free from illnesses such as depression and anxiety. “Flourishing” individuals experience an optimal level of wellbeing characterised by regularly experiencing positive emotions, engaging in activities that absorb your attention, enjoying positive relationships with others, obtaining a sense of meaning or purpose, and enjoying the satisfaction that comes with accomplishment. The field of positive psychology provides scientifically proven methods to assist you to flourish.
Creating mentally healthy workplaces and schools is more than raising awareness of mental illnesses – it is about providing individuals with the means to stay mentally healthy and to flourish.
This course will help you:
- Understand the mental health continuum;
- Discover symptoms of common mental illnesses (including depression and anxiety);
- Get to know common risk factors and protective factors for your mental health;
- Gain practical knowledge and skills to optimise your wellbeing;
- Seek help for mental health issues when required.
The training is written by psychologists with significant sleep and workplace wellbeing expertise. It features:
- completed in approximately 60 minutes,
- high quality engaging animated content,
- plenty of supporting information,
- multiple choice questions to ensure transfer of learning,
- self-paced learning (learners can come and go as they please),
- can be completed on most devices with internet connectivity, and
- provides a certificate of completion.