Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity such as family and relationship problems, serious health problems or workplace, and financial stressors. It means “bouncing back” from difficult experiences.
Resilience is a set of behaviours, thoughts, and actions that can be learned. This can protect wellbeing in the face of stress and adversity and prepares individuals for optimal mental health outcomes.
The People Diagnostix Building Resilience workshop helps participants understand the pillars of good mental health and pathways to resilience. The session is focused on self-development and gives participants opportunities to practice skills necessary to cope effectively with stress and optimise mental wellbeing.
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Increase positive emotions
- Elicit the relaxation response
- Develop an awareness of own character strengths
- Improve the quality of relationships
- How to find meaning and purpose
- Get more out of accomplishment
- Optimise sleep for health and wellbeing
This workshop includes use of the PDx Flourishing Strengths card sorting exercise to help participants identify their top character strengths.
- 3 hours
- 6 – 20 participants
- Facilitated on client’s premises